About Chris Zink
Chris Zink DVM PhD DACVP DACVSMR CCRT CVSMT CVA*
Chris is a consultant on canine sports medicine who presents Coaching the Canine Athlete seminars worldwide and designs individualized rehabilitation and conditioning programs for canine athletes. She is the award-winning author of the books Peak Performance: Coaching the Canine Athlete, Dog Health and Nutrition for Dummies and The Agility Advantage and co-author of the book Jumping From A to Z: Teach Your Dog to Soar and the DVD Building the Canine Athlete. She co-edited the first-ever book on Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, which was published by the veterinary textbook publisher Wiley-Blackwell.
Dr. Zink was instrumental in establishing the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation as the newest specialty in veterinary medicine. She presents seminars worldwide.
Chris has obtained over 150 titles in Agility, Obedience, Conformation, Tracking, Hunt Tests, Barn Hunt, Nosework, Coursing, and Rally on dogs from the Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, and Herding groups. She is currently competing with her Golden Retriever Hobby and her Norwich Terrier Helix in all of the dog sports possible. Helix also travels to events as Chris’s demo dog.
Honors and Awards:
- Rachel Page Elliott Featherquest Lifetime Achievement Award – For exemplary contributions using their talents to educate others in such areas as knowledge of structure, health, breeding and training – 2020
- Fit for Life Videos – Winner of the 2019 Dog Writers Association of America Award for Best Video, DVD or TV Broadcast
- For Active Dogs! – Finalist for Best Online Magazine or Online Newsletter
- Finalist – Dog Writers Association of America – Best Online Magazine or Newsletter – 2018
- Finalist – Dog Writers Association of America – Best Online Article or Blog – 2018
- Dog Writers Association of America – Best Book on Health 2013 for Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Woman Veterinarian of the Year – 2009
- Dog Writers Association of America – Best Publication of the Year 2008 for The Agility Advantage.
*What Do All Those Letters Mean Anyway?
Chris is a board-certified specialist in Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation (DACVSMR) and Veterinary Pathology (DACVP) and she has additional training in Canine Rehabilitation (CCRT), Veterinary Spinal Manipulation Therapy or Chiropractic (CVSMT) and Canine Acupuncture (CVA). She sort of can’t help herself – she’s passionate about educating herself in all things dog.
Want to know more?
Read Best in Show Daily’s article on Chris Zink:
Peak Performance – She Wrote the Book On It!